Which walmarts have claws?

General forum for claw addicts to discuss this crazy hobby!
Forum rules
If you are under 18 years of age, please DO NOT use your real name. Any flaming or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. You will be given a warning. Once. Otherwise, enjoy the forum :)
shilofax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 pm

One of my local walmarts (a supercenter) doesn't have any claws. So which type of walmarts do? Or is it just random?

I plan on driving around trying to find claws today. But I'd like a place to start.

Allen K
The Outclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Find another Super Center... it will most likely have them. That's very strange that yours doesn't. Most have several claw machines. Mine has 7. It used to have a lot more when they had a game room, but now they're just by the entrances / exits.

shilofax

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm back to report my findings.

Bad News.

Apparently all the walmarts near me only have 1 UFO catcher...

And they are $1 a play.

Sigh :(

gibleclaw9

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 am

my walmart doesnt have any claws either :( my only claw near me is a sugar loaf at my local movies 50c but the guy hasent stocked it in 2 weeks.

Allen K
The Outclaw

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 am

Geez, that stinks. We do have one Walmart without any machines, but it's not a Super Center. All other ones in my area have several machines in each store.

teri_claws

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:36 pm

My walmart has a game room but no sugar loaf claws. :( They are Plush Bus and Namco. They have mostly Toy Factory or generic prizes in them. All the machines are 'rigged' not to win due to have tiny prizes and oversized claws or large prizes and very weak claws. I try not to waste my money on them unless I just really want to play. I have won a few times out of the one that had holiday garfield plush. But it took several attempts!!

I miss the walmart that had tons of sugar loaf claws, a jewelry claw and a .25 cent claw! It's so hard to find any .25 cent ones these days. I mostly play the claws at my Kroger or Meijer. I won Scrat tonight at Meijer!! :D

Allen K
The Outclaw

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 am

I wonder if some Walmarts don't have Sugarloaf machines because the company that owns them (National Entertainment Network) doesn't have service reps in that area.
teri_claws wrote:My walmart has a game room but no sugar loaf claws. :( They are Plush Bus and Namco. They have mostly Toy Factory or generic prizes in them. All the machines are 'rigged' not to win due to have tiny prizes and oversized claws or large prizes and very weak claws. I try not to waste my money on them unless I just really want to play. I have won a few times out of the one that had holiday garfield plush. But it took several attempts!!

I miss the walmart that had tons of sugar loaf claws, a jewelry claw and a .25 cent claw! It's so hard to find any .25 cent ones these days. I mostly play the claws at my Kroger or Meijer. I won Scrat tonight at Meijer!! :D

matt3756

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Most of my Walmarts in the Pittsburgh area don't have good claws at all. Maybe 1 plush sugarloaf if I'm lucky, but most have the awful namco express / plush bus with like spaghetti noodles for the claw :lol:

theclawmachinemasta

Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:13 am

All Walmarts in my area do, but only one or two
The one near my house has a 50 cent Sugar Loaf but sometimes it is fairly weak.
Surprisingly I went there last night and won 4 prizes EASY with a few bucks. Was barely stocked too and the claw was strong.
The one across town from me has 2 claws. One is 50 cents, the other is a dollar.
I really only play the dollar one there because the 50 cent one doesn't close 50% of the time.
I visit my friend about 3 times a week (she lives 40 minutes away, so its a killer on gas, but so worth it because we laugh the entire time we are together haha) and there is a Walmart in her town that has a 50 cent plush claw AND a 50 cent Jewelry claw. Strange because the only Jewelry claw near me is a Bling King at my college that is pretty crappy and is 1$ a play. But both claws there are Sugar Loaf and pretty strong. Funny story, the other day we went in to go get plush and this guy was playing and ha like 2 things he won. We decided to go shopping and we came out 10 minutes later and he was still playing and had 1 more prize. We waited and after he put in a 5$ bill we left and decided to run to the bank and come back 20 minutes later we came back and he was still playing. Won 2 more things. Must have spent more than 50$ at the speed he was playing at. Severe case of claw addiction :p Sad thing is he won all the gettable stuff so after a few bucks I went home with a bead necklace from the Jewelry claw! Haha, but the next day we won a Thomas!
I used to live in North Carolina and in the Walmart near me, there was a full arcade. A dollar claw, 50 cent plush, 25 cent plush, and 2 Jewelry claws. A few years after I moved there, they changed it to a wireless phone center and they were all gone. Not one claw machine in the ENTIRE town. Glad I moved out when I did. Started my channel 2 weeks after I moved back to NY! Haha

Allen K
The Outclaw

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:22 am

It's a shame when they replace game rooms with other stuff at Walmarts :(

• Information