Greyhound skill crane issue

General forum for claw addicts to discuss this crazy hobby!
Forum rules
If you are under 18 years of age, please DO NOT use your real name. Any flaming or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. You will be given a warning. Once. Otherwise, enjoy the forum :)
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mac Green
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Hey everyone just picked up a greyhound skill crane today and there's some problems with it ): first of when I flip the switch to start it the crane assembly keeps moving to left and won't stop. Secondly the display that shows credits just shows the number 3. I can provide pictures and videos of anything you might need to help me fix this thing. Thanks!

Allen K
The Outclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi there,

Does the display change numbers when you first turn it on? It typically shows the date of the firmware. It sounds like either the left limit switch is bad (the switch that gets pressed when the claw comes all the way to the left), or there's a problem with the CPU board that would need to be fixed. I would suggest to visit www.aslex.net. It's run by a former Grayhound technician, who will be able to help troubleshoot and provide repair or replacement board.

Allen K
BeTheClaw.com

jw1717

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:15 am

Well, I killed my Grayhound somehow. I kept flipping the switch on and off to test joystick mode.. A fuse blew behind the power supply, I switched the machine off and replaced the fuse. Then when I switched it back on, a fuse blew and I saw a small flash on the board where the joystick / 2 button mode plug goes. I replaced that fuse along with another untested board. All it will do now is light up and the claw tries to snap sometimes. I tried switching the spare (untested) motherboards and the joystick / 2 button mode boards out.. They must be bad boards or something.. or either its going to be in the wiring that goes from the joystick / 2 button mode board to the claw trolley... I don't know. I need help :cry:

• Information